About Us This web site is owned and operated by Japan Journeys Ltd who are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments or if you need to contact us, please email us using the link on the store page or use the details below.
Our Contact details:
Japan Journeys Ltd
Cameo House 11 Bear Street London WC2H 7AS United Kingdom
Phone: 020 7766 5267
Fax: 020 7766 5268
Registered in England and Wales 5119676
Making A Purchase Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on ‘Checkout’ and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept card payments. If you are shopping from North America or anywhere else, place your order and your card company will convert the transaction to US Dollars or your own currency.
We accept Visa and MasterCard. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped. If you do not wish to pay online, you may send your card information via phone, fax or by post.
If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, contact us and we will correct the mistake.
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
JAPAN RAIL PASS Terms & Conditions
Conditions of use
1. A Rail Pass or an Exchange Order is not transferable.
2. You should carry your passport during travel, and be prepared to show it on request.
3. Your Exchange Order must be exchanged for a Japan Rail Pass within 3 months of the date the Order was issued (i.e. the date the Exchange Order is stamped)
4. An Exchange Order is refundable within one year of the date of issue from the issuing office.
5. Cancellation charge will be 15% of the face value of the Exchange order in Japanese Yen .
6. No refund on a Rail Pass can be made in the event of train non-operation, delay or the like.
7. Neither an Exchange Order nor a Rail Pass can be reissued if lost or stolen.
8. The Japan Rail Pass is valid for travel on all Japan Railways’ Lines throughout Japan. The only trains you may NOT travel on with the Japan Rail Pass are the Nozomi Shinkansen and the Mizuho Shinkansen. If wish to ride these trains then you will have to pay the full fare for your journey.
9. If you have an Ordinary class Rail Pass and wish to use a Green car seat, you must pay the Green Car charge and the associated Limited Express or Ordinary Express charge.
10. If you have a Green or Ordinary class Rail Pass and wish to use an Ordinary or Green private compartment on a Shinkansen (Bullet train) or Limited Express, a supplement will be charged.
11. Private compartments (Green or Ordinary) are designed to accommodate two or four passengers: in case of under-occupancy, in addition to the supplement mentioned above, you must pay child fare for the number of persons missing.
12. If you have a Green-type Rail Pass and wish to use a berth on a Limited Express or Ordinary Express sleeping car, you must pay the Limited Express or Ordinary Express charge in addition to the berth charge.
13. If you have a Green-type Rail Pass and choose to use an Ordinary seat, you cannot receive a refund of the price difference between a Green car seat and an Ordinary car seat.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and only the English courts will decide any dispute.
The JAPAN RAIL PASS is available only to travellers visiting Japan from foreign countries for sight-seeing. You are eligible to purchase a JAPAN RAIL PASS if you meet one of the following two criteria:
1. You are a foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sight-seeing under the entry status of “temporary visitor”. “Temporary visitor” entry status, according to Japanese Immigration Law, allows a stay in Japan of 1 to 90 days (depending on your nationality) for “sightseeing, etc.” When entering the country you should enter “sightseeing or tourism” as your reason for visiting Japan. Entry personnel will then stamp your passport “temporary visitor”. Only persons who have a passport bearing this stamp can use a JAPAN RAIL PASS.
2. You are a Japanese national living in a foreign country who is qualified to live permanently in that country, or has been living in that country for ten or more years, or is married to a non-Japanese residing in a country other than Japan. You must show proof of eligibility when activating your JR Pass in Japan.
Passport, Visa and Immigration
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office Travel Advice website issues travel advice which is regularly updated and which relates to political, economic and other circumstances prevailing in countries worldwide. See www.fco.gov.uk
Railway, bus, ferry and other suppliers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage, and you will be bound by these as far as the relevant transport provider or supplier is concerned.
You are strongly advised to take out travel insurance. We do not recommend any particular insurance company or product, and any information leaflets distributed by us or links to travel insurance companies on our website are for information only. You should ensure that the travel insurance you buy covers (as a minimum) the costs incurred if you cancel, and the cost of assistance, including repatriation, in the event of an accident or illness while you are abroad, and it is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs.
Delivery Schedule All our UK deliveries are carried out using Royal Mail. As such we are subject to their terms and conditions.Once your order has been received by us, we aim to dispatch your goods within 1 business day (Mon-Fri). However dispatch is subject to stocking levels. In such cases we will contact you for further instruction.
Once we have dispatched your goods, you should normally receive them within the timeframe of the delivery type chosen. We will attempt to rectify any delivery problem as soon as reasonably possible but you should note that the operation of the delivery company we use is outside our control. Time of delivery shall not be subject to any contractual obligation, and Japan Journeys does not offer any guarantee that your order will arrive within the delivery time-frame chosen. In the event of the delay of delivery of your order or a mistake in the order itself, Japan Journeys accepts no liability for any associated expense, loss of profits or other losses incurred whatsoever. Failure to deliver on time will not entitle the customer to terminate their purchase contract with Japan Journeys, or refuse delivery. Returns should be made using the instructions below.
Whilst we make every effort to deliver all your goods in the agreed time, we will not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control.
Delivery will be made to the address specified by you on the completed order form. We reserve the right to charge for any extra carriage costs incurred should the incorrect address by entered on your order. Until dispatch of your order please contact us to amend or add any delivery details. Please note that Japan Journeys will not be responsible for any lost or damaged parcel as a result of incomplete or inaccurate address.
Japan Journeys can only be responsible for delivery to an address that has been registered with Royal Mail (www.royalmail.com). We cannot guarantee delivery to any addresses inputted that are not registered with Royal Mail.
Credit Card Security When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
Guarantee Japan Journeys Limited is a member of the Travel Trust Association (TTA) Membership No. U3078. All clients’ money is held in a trust account and Japan Journeys is not allowed to access these monies until after you have returned home. See the TTA website here: http://www.traveltrust.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=130
Accuracy We carefully check that the information given on our website or published literature to ensure that it is correct to the best of our knowledge. However, there may be changes to service timings and availability as a result of local conditions. Circumstances such as these, or weather conditions, time of year etc., may cause some of the services and amenities described to be unavailable or different from those advertised in our website or in the published literature of Japan Railways or from other sources. We reserve the right to change any process, services or other particulars shown on this website at any time before you make your purchase.
Complaints If you are unsatisfied, please contact us as soon as possible and we will attempt to rectify the problem within reason. Please note that we aim to dispatch your order as soon as possible. For most orders placed Monday to Friday this will be within one working day.
Reaching Us If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page, alternatively, you can call on 020 7766 5267 (International +44 020 7766 5267) or fax us on 020 7766 5268 or write to us at Cameo House 11 Bear Street London WC2H 7AS United Kingdom
If you are unsatisfied, please contact us as soon as possible and we will attempt to rectify the problem within reason. Please note that we aim to dispatch your order as soon as possible. For most orders placed Monday to Friday this will be within one working day.
Cookies are used on this shopping site where they are strictly necessary for the site functionality. They are used to aid navigation, and to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. If you log in to an account, your logged-in status is recorded in a temporary cookie. If you select the ‘Remember Me’ Option in the checkout, a cookie will be used to remember your details. You can turn off cookies by blocking them in your browser Privacy settings. If you turn off cookies, you will be unable to place orders or benefit from the other features that use them.
Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfil customer orders.
b. Administer and enhance the site and service.
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
Returns Policy Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
If returned to us unused within 12 months of issue a Rail Pass Exchange Order can be refunded less a cancellation charge of 15% of the face value in Japanese Yen. Please note that we can only refund Rail Pass Exchange Orders before the voucher has been exchanged for the Rail pass itself. There is no refund available after the voucher has been exchanged in Japan. In order to obtain a refund, you will need to send us the Rail Pass Exchange Order by secure mail. Rail Pass Exchange Orders which are lost in the post or mislaid cannot be refunded.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.